Welcome to River Reads
Hello, and welcome to River Reads, the specialist fishing book site for anglers and non-anglers alike
Founded in 2002, River Reads specialises in angling books, many signed first editions plus
vintage fishing tackle and angling history.
We also have an extensive general stock and offer free book searches for that elusive title. Of special interest are the books and
artwork of BB, Denys Watkins-Pitchford.
The shop is currently home to Angling Heritage (UK) prior to its location at Torrington Museum. Also, River Reads
Press has been established to produce high quality, signed, limited edition leather-bound books for
For the fishing brotherhood, we have over 3,000 angling titles, many of which are first editions signed by leading angling authors
such as Chris Yates, Fred Buller, Fred J. Taylor and more recently, Jeremy Wade.
During your visit the shop, you'll see:
- The legendary cased pike of Fred J. Taylor, MBE, and angling author and historian, Fred Buller, MBE
- Rods & Reels of Frank Sawyer, Peter Stone, Richard Walker & Chris Yates
- Richard Walker’s handmade floats
- Fly box signed by Hugh Falkus
- Old film footage of Clarissa, Walker’s record carp
- Fish scales from carp caught by Chris Yates from Redmire Pool
- The National fishing hat collection from the heads of the great and good!
All in all, this eclectic mixture of books and ephemera, together with the personal service we offer should ensure an enjoyable
visit to River Reads. We look forward to seeing you.
Sandra & Keith Armishaw
River Reads Press